LET US INTRODUCE YOU TO THE SOUTH AFRICAN SOCIETY FOR ENOLOGY AND VITICULTURE …
- Published bi-annually since 1980.
- Containing both national and international research in review papers, scientific papers and research notes.
- International circulation to 23 countries and more than 1000 subscribers.
- Annually presented over two days including scientific sessions, panel discussion or workshop, wine tasting and formal dinner dance.
- International congress presented every 5 years with keynote speakers from overseas.
- Specialized refresher courses in enology and viticulture are regularly held to keep abreast with the most recent developments in our industry.
- Two table grape short courses are annually presented in our winter and summer rainfall areas.
- The prestigious SASEV Award, consisting of a cash amount towards an overseas trip for scientific purposes, is annually awarded to the most outstanding scientific contribution published in our journal or the most outstanding innovation in our industry.
- The prestigious SASEV Table Grape Award, consisting of cash amount towards an overseas trip for table and raisin grape research purposes, is annually awarded to the most outstanding scientific contribution published in our journal or the most outstanding innovation in our table and raisin grape industry.
- The prestigious Medal of Merit awarded annually to a person who made an exceptional contribution over many years towards our industry.
- A cash prize for the best paper published in our journal.
- Cash prizes for the best paper and poster presented at our annual congress. Student prizes are also awarded in these categories.
- Cash prizes for the best final year students in viticulture and enology at the University of Stellenbosch and cellar technology at the Elsenburg College, respectively.
- Technical tours to various countries are organized to expose our members to international trends and practices.